About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

St. Louis Vacation (PART 3) Friday

hhmmm...  Well, we went to Cahokia Mounds second today but apparently I downloaded the pictures backward.

There are a LOT of stairs leading up!!  You're looking directly down the top flight to the landing, then there is another flight below.

Christian thinks he's real funny...

Look!  You can see the Gateway Arch from the top of Monks Mound!!

Better view of both flights of stairs.  The kids andTom are up in the right corner.

See :)

Coming down the top flight.

This is known as Woodhenge.  It's a circle of 36 poles with a center poll (where Christian is.)


 St. Louis Zoo, which is what we did FIRST on Friday morning.  We stayed at the Fairview Heights Ramada Inn the previous night.  It was okay, not nearly as great at the Sheraton.  Standard, and the pool was tiny.
Again, Christian thinks he's sooo funny...






So, now many times do you drive down the road and see VERY ODD stuff??
I sure wish I had a better picture, but there is a Flinstonemobile in front of this guy's house!!!  As large as a full-sized human would need to use it!

And how about a tractor on top of a silo!!!!!  I hate that it's so dark, but it was 8pm afterall...  Dad says this was featured on some tractor show he watches.  Since I don't watch those shows I'll have to take his word for it.  Both this tractor and the Flinstonemobile were in Illinois.

No comments: