About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Colonial Williamsburg, Historic Area (Virginia vacation post #2 of 4)

We were soooo happy to be able to walk around after having taken 15h to drive the day before!!  Sunday we left our home at 3am, and arrived at the condo 15h later.  Colonial Williamsburg was only a couple miles from our resort.

We went to Colonial Williamsburg on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.  The following are highlights from all 3 days.

A tree arbor in the gardens of the Governor's Mansion

Down at the canal behind the Governor's Mansion

A walking tour

hee hee...  we have pictures of Grace and Sophie in this, as well as Tom and Rick

2h re-enactment scene



In front of the Governor's Mansion



The night of Christian's birthday we took the cake I made over to Rick & Janet's condo to celebrate.  Christian talked Janet in to getting icecream! LOL

The capitol building

Probably the highlight of the whole trip for Christian, playing the harpsicord!! (spinnet) Sophie played it too.

Random guy on a horse.  Scenes like this abounded all over.  I didn't take as many pictures as I probably would have liked, but hey... I was experiencing it instead.  I did take more than posted for Colonial Williamsburg, but these were some of the highlights.

No comments: