About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yorktown (Virginia vacation post #4 of 4)

Whew... okay.  Here we are on our last day of touring what is known as the Historic Triangle.  Yorktown is about 20min from our resort.  Apparently I didn't take many pictures here.  Maybe because I was tired? LOL  But, we had just as much fun as at the other 2 sites!!

Here, like Jamestown, we started the day with a 2h guided tour.  Then we had some time to eat lunch and look around before the 4 older kids had a class titled 'The Life of a Private.'  They had a ball in the class!!

Getting ready to shoot the musket

You can barely make out the York River behind the trees

Class time

Christian's favorite part of the class, holding a REAL musket!

This is the back yard of the household lands.  I didn't take enough pictures here, so I can't really show all the details of the recreation.  We didn't make it out to the York Battlefield.  We were a little sad about that, but as I said it was the last day and we were already turning our minds to the trip back home.

We did NOT drive straight through on the way home.  We drove about 6h and stayed in a hotel.  Then Saturday we drove the rest of the way home.

It was sooo worth our time going on this trip!  We'll have lots to talk about for a long time!!

No comments: