About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Survey

This is floating around blogland these days and my friend Kris thought it might be fun, so I copied it from her blog.
So, you if have a blog you should consider yourself tagged and post the list with your answers on your blog.
If you don't have a blog, maybe you can share it via email!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate!! 

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
The kids have always knows there is no Santa, but I write 'Santa' on the 'from' anyway.  They are wrapped.

3. What color Christmas lights?
Whatever Tom buys.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
no

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever we get around to it, this year that'll probably be the 2nd weekend in Dec.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
hhmm...  I don't have any one favorite but I do love my dad's ham (which is really saying something because usually I'm not a pork fan!)

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?
My brothers and me waiting at the top of the stairs until mom and dad said we could come down.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember an exact time.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
The kids open one gift Christmas Eve, which is always a jammy item of some sort.  This year, Sophie's getting a new robe and Christian some new jammies.  The, the rest Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Tom and I string the lights and the kids put up everything else. Until it's garland time, then it's me again.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
eh, as long as it's not soooo bad I can't drive I'm okay with it.

12. Can you ice skate?
I don't know if I've ever tried...

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Mine is a rocking chair too Kris!! LOL  Tom got one from Cracker Barrel (you know, those rocking chairs they have out on their front porch) a couple years ago for me. LOVE!

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Family.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert?
No one favorite.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Seeing the kids open stockings and presents Christmas morning.

17. What tops your tree?
I forget,  I think it's an angel...

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving!!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Mary Did You Know? :)
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
Yum :)

21 Favorite Christmas Show?
Peanuts Christmas.

22. Saddest Christmas Song?
There's a sad Christmas song??
23. What’s your Wish for Christmas?
A tea spoon.  It's a spoon that measures out one teaspoon, it's metal and I can leave it in with my teas instead of having to wash the real measuring set teaspoon every time I make looseleaf tea.

No comments: