About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Item #2 for Sophie's upcoming birthday, a satchel

Again, she will not see the finished project until her birthday.  She gave me the specifics and I made up the design.  It's big enough to fit a few spiral notebooks, which was her main requirement.  So, it's slightly larger than a piece of paper, and thick enough to fit around 200 pages, so 3-4 80pg spirals.  She really surprised me with fabric choice... I 'thought' when I choosing the fabrics that she'd want the angel kitty as the outside overall with the hearts inside, but she chose opposite.  I just don't know her as well as I thought I did... LOL!

The front:  It is an over-flap.  The angel kitty material is a large pocket.  I am going to let her choose what kind of fastener she would like when she gets it.  I'm thinking snaps on the sides of the flap... but I will also suggest ties or an all-around strap.

 Side View

 Flap opened up

 Downward view into the bag

Bag inside-out to show better the pockets inside

No comments: