About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter dress for 7yo niece

Pink and Purple, those are this little girl's favorite colors.  And, she loves anything foofy!  It's hard to tell, but the pink fabric has dark purple dots all over it.  Of course... her Like Me doll had to have one too... They both also got purses.





I learn a lesson on just about every new dress I make (since I usually 'wing it' on certain parts or I add to the design of the dresses.  This time I added the ruffle on the layer tier (the overskirt).  Now I know, if I'm going to put ruffles going down the front of a split layer overskirt I need to make it doublesided fabric because the back of the ruffle IS going to show here and there...
*sigh*
Well, she loves it and that's the important part :)

4 comments:

Chelle said...

aww - how sweet!
My very feminine daughter (10) sighed in appreciation of a "girls dress".

Followed you over here from SL ☺

Rebecca said...

THankx Chelle :) I have to resort to making dresses for my neices because my 12yo daughter is a tomboy! LOL The church we attend is very informal so I don't make her wear dresses, therefore she'll be wearing a nice shirt and slacks for Easter. :(

This particular niece is VERY girlie!!!! :)

icklepay said...

PRETTY!! If you need more girlies to sew for, let me know. I have a tyrant...er...girlie who will be wanting some flounces soon!

Rebecca said...

LOL... Tyrant...