About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Grampa's Memorial was today

Saw some cousins I'd not seen in awhile.  Met some of mom's relatives I'd never met before.  I saw TONS of pictures of grampa I'd never seen before!  And, several had my mom as either a baby or a kid.  Grampa as a kid.  Wow, I wouldn't have picked him out, good thing my uncle was describing them all to me.  I totally see some of the family resemblence in younger years!  I only remember him as 'older' since he was already in his mid 50's when I was born.

His Obituary

He was happy in the end, he died in the same house he was literally born in, and I found out today also the minister traveled at the time and he was baptized at home as an infant.  Scripture was read that had been read at his confirmation ceremony, and also at his own parent's wedding.  Tho, at his parent's wedding it was recited in German.

Good-bye grampa.  We'll miss you, but we're so happy you're with Jesus now and out of physical pain finally.

No comments: