About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas '09


Sophie SSSOOOOO badly wanted a wheelchair!! YAY gramma!! Her original 18" doll (an Our Generation doll from gramma) has a bum hip.  She also wanted the crutches set, and did get that at home too :)

My mom opening the tote bag I made for her :)  She loved it.

This was Sophie tackle/hugging Christian for getting her American Girl moives.

Christian LOVES book series.  This is "The Wormling" by Jenkins.

He REALLY wanted a CD player, can ya tell?? LOL!

#5 of the Betsy&Tacy series.  She got #1-4 last year and now will get another new one each Christmas.  She also opened an "Anne of Green Gables" boxed set in this present.

3 costumes he specifically asked for: Crusader, Gladiator, Ninja.  I made him a Crusader smock and a Karate gee (tho, all I had was white, he didn't care) and I found a Gladiator on clearance after Halloween.

She'd been asking for a Native American costume for her doll, so I made: fringed and beaded dress/fringed poncho/fringed moccasins and fringed satchel.  Oh, and a 'hide' rug.

Extra beads and string to go with the bead loom gramma got her.

Swiss army knife, 'thanks' daddy...

Box 'O Shirts

MOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally unexpected!!!  Well, Sophia (the OG doll) as I said has a bum hip.  She needed a 'nurse' to care for her and push her wheelchair.  And, since Molly's daddy is a doctor she MUST know how to take care of patients :)
She also had asked for some Josephina stuff, so I made her Josephina's holiday dress (and a satchel to match) and got her Josephina's riding boots.  I made her a quilt and pillow she wanted.  I also got her Molly's saddle shoes.  I'd made a longsleeved shirt but didn't get to the jeans yet and also Josephina's school outfit she wanted I'd made the skirt but didn't get to the shirt, so I showed her and told her I'd finish soon :)

Sophia and Molly in the robes and slippers I made them.

And the jammies I made. 
You can really see Sophia's bum hip in this one!  It's not how she's propped up there, that's how her hip is.

All in all, it sure was a bountiful Christmas!!!!  We've got spoiled kids... LOL!

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Looks like it was a great Christmas - you are so talented. And what a nice surprise to have you visit me!

MommyToBees said...

What a fun Christmas!!!!

K-