About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Getting my ducks in a row for next year's school year

I got Runkle Geography, "Welcome to the Wonderful World of Geography"
It looks great!!!  I questioned if anyone knew of a schedule for it, and someone came through!!  So, I even have that taken care of.  I'm so glad, I was afraid I'd have to figure out myself how to correlate the workbook with the textbook.  But, I just haven't even decided if Christian will use it next year, or 8th grade, or maybe even in 9th grade. It's a pretty hefty book, and many take if for 1/2 credit for high school.

I ordered a bunch of books for summer reading, all from YWAM Publishing.  I got a few 'Christain Heros Then and Now' biographies that we didn't have, along with a few series.  Christian especially loves series opposed to single story books.  The box came today, and it's going to kill Christian that I put them all in the closet until school is over in 5 1/2 weeks! LOL!!  He'll live... hee hee...

Summer reading, I usually have certain things I want the kids to read over the summer.  Sophie will be reading the Little House on the Prairie series since she's getting into American Westward settlement.  I'll probably add the CHTN books to her summer reading list too.  I don't know what I'll have Christian read yet, except the CHTN books too.

We're getting close to the end of the school year.  Hard to believe we've been homeschooling 3 years now!  It's hard, but so worth it.  Our homeschool group we've been part of since the beginning is coming to a close this year.  The leaders have kids entering high school, and won't have the time to lead.  So, we're beginning to look for another group to join.  One we're going to look in to is weekly, with actual classes.  I don't know if I want to commit to that tho...  We'll see...

No comments: