About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow

Lots of it.

Tho, not so much to close our local school, only to give a 2h delay.  However, the next town's school was cancelled I hear.

We were suppoed to go to mom's for piano lessons, but she said her street hasn't been plowed even once.  But, that's not the main reason.  My grampa has been admitted to the nursing home my mom works as an RN at into the rehabilitative wing.  He's 90yo, has had a few heart surgeries, is working 100% off his pacemaker, has had several joint replacements and recently couldn't get out of bed alone without severe pain.  They're not exactly sure what is wrong, but the family is taking this time of him in the nursing home to get things set up at home; hospital bed, home care nurse to come out, etc.  Thankfully my aunt and uncle moved in with them about 1 1/2y ago (I think) so there at least is someone there all the time.  My gramma can't walk really either, but that's her only main problem, due to back surgeries NOT being very successful some 30+ years ago. (and, she gets B12 shots biweekly for pernicious anemia)

Driving to violin lesson last night was not fun!  The antilock breaks were doing their job at every stop, and we drove 40mph the whole time (about 7mi.)  I'm not convinced it was worth it...

Hopefully the kids will go out and play in the snow after school, assuming they get done before dark...

No comments: