About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

He's leaving today

First, to Great Lakes in northern IL for bootcamp, 8 weeks. 

Then, 4 weeks of culinary training while still at Great Lakes.

Then, to Groton, CT for 4 weeks of submarine training.


After all the prep for the going away party my arm was just too far gone to decorate the cake, so my brother did it.  Hopefully the Navy has better ships than this SSJake! LOL!!


6'3"... Just how is he going to fit in a submarine??? LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through the Sonlight forum. My son plans to join the Marines next year. I was wondering if Jake graduated as a homeschooler....just trying to see how strict some of the requirements for hs'ers might be.
:)

Rebecca said...

We started homeschooling during his senior year, and just left him public school. I can't answer your question. Sorry...

However, there has been some talk on SL about the service. Samaurimom's son had a HARD time getting into the Navy!!! (homeschooled all the way) but others have said they didn't have a problem at all. Her son I do believe was 17 at sign up, so that may be some of the trouble.