About Me

My photo
I am Rebecca, wife of Tom since '92. Mom to: Jake(28)United States Navy married to Lisa since Oct '17 Christian(20) Night maintenance at retirement village Sophie Joy(17)Grade 12 I have been sewing for many years and knitting for just the last couple years.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jake's leaving Sunday for bootcamp

We're having a going-away party Saturday.  So far, I've baked and frozen the cake, (tip I learned at the bakery field trip... makes a cake more moist and less crumby) made 2 kinds of cookies, cut the celery and carrots and bought (well, had Tom stop by the stores today) other stuff.

We're having: burgers, dogs, chili, veggie tray with carrots, celery, broccoli & cucumbers with fiesta ranch dip, chips (regular, fritos, tortilla) and dips (french onion and bean-n-cheese with homemade refried beans.)  I'll probably end up coming up with more stuff I just 'have' to make too by Saturday noon..

I asked my mom to make him some cream puffs, they're his favorite dessert she makes :)

It's just family, us, both brothers' families (minus one brother since he has to work) and mom & dad.

I was upset about having to move the party to Saturday (was planned for Sunday when EVERYONE could come) but what are ya gunna do...

No comments: